It is commonly said that mosquitoes are disease-carrying vectors. Is the question, do all types of mosquitoes transmit diseases? Is there are way on how to get rid of mosquitoes indoors?
This has been a challenge to many as we do not know exactly which type of mosquito transmit which disease. We are going to look at various types of mosquitoes and how we can get rid of them from our indoors.
What Is a Mosquito?
This is a type of small insect that has a slender body which is segmented. That is the body is divided into three parts. That is the head, thorax, and abdomen. It has elongated mouthparts that enable to suck blood from human beings.
Types of Mosquitoes
There are various types of mosquitoes. They include:
- Culex mosquito: they live in stagnant water. They are dangerous as they can transmit multiple viruses and parasites when they bite human beings. It spreads diseases such as West Nile Virus.
- Aedes mosquito: male species of this type of mosquito do not eat. The Aedes type in Egypt has known to transmit yellow fever disease. They bite during the day.
- Anopheles mosquito: The female type bite transmit malaria disease to human beings when they eat them.
How to Get Rid of Mosquitoes Indoors
- Using mosquito repellents: this is an herbal type of oil that is applied to the skin to keep away mosquitoes. Peppermint oil, lemon eucalyptus oil and vanilla extracted oil are useful when applied to the surface and they will drive mosquitoes away.
- Make a mosquito trap: the trap is placed at a strategic place in the house, and it will trap all the mosquitoes that may get their way in the house. The best natural way is to take a trap that contains sugar and yeast blend and put it inside the bottle made in a funnel-like structure. Place the solution in a dark area, and you will be able to trap a lot of mosquitoes that get their ways indoors.
- Burnt rosemary stalks: you need to take a few stalks from rosemary plant and burn them inside the house. The smell produced when this plant is consumed will make the mosquitoes in your home to go away.
- A mixture of crushed garlic and water: boil the mix for a few minutes and spray it in the house. The smell is usually unpleasant to mosquitoes hence they will go away.
- Use of insecticides: as it is dangerous to human health, it needs to be handled with a lot of care. They include doom that can be sprayed in the house killing the mosquitoes that might have found their way inside.
- Plants that repel mosquitoes: plant these plants that repel mosquitoes around your garden and flower vases. This is very natural as the mosquitoes will not get their way into your house. Examples of the plants include lavender plants, catnip and rosemary plants.
If mosquitoes have been a problem in your house, use some of these methods, and you will end up not being bitten by some of the insects that transmit different diseases to human beings. There are several other methods on how to get rid of mosquitoes in your house.